- A Certified Human Resources professional for a local health care organization. A former CCCSA volunteer.
Dr. Thomas Cheuk
- Former professor of Health Economics, Dept. of Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba. Publisher of Canada 88 News.
- Danica is a Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada, a US Certified Public Accountant, and has a Master degree in Science of Law. Danica has previously volunteered in leadership roles in Catholic churches, organizing events and children’s programs.
- Pu-Wei joined the CCCSA board in 2017. She is a Chartered Professional Accountant and tax specialist in the Oil and Gas Industry. She moved to Canada in 2000 and got her Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree from the University of Saskatchewan. She is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Sunil has a MA degree in Accounting and Finance and +14 years experience working in embassies, non-profit organizations and the United Nations. Sunil is a Locomotive conductor at the Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Colin joined the CCCSA board in June of 2017, bringing in experience volunteering for non-profits such as Startup Calgary, MADD, and Apathy is Boring. He is a product management leader at San Francisco-based software company, AppDirect. Colin holds a BComm from the University of Calgary.
- Chartered Professional Accountant with 16+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry. Progressively responsible finance and performance analysis roles with major international Oil & Gas producers. Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from the University of Calgary. Fluently bilingual in English and Chinese (spoken and written). Also a Director of Hong Kong Canada Business Association (Calgary Section).
- May has a MA degree in Adult Education from a British University and always work in the education sector, especially international education and cultural exchange program in school divisions and university in Calgary area. Having volunteered at some immigration services organizations in Calgary including CCCSA, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association, Immigrant Services Calgary, etc. May has developed her interest and passion in the non-profit and social services sector and active with several organizations in this filed.
- Elena joined the CCCSA board in 2017. She possesses more than 12 years of experience in accounting and finance profession and is the manager, Financial Services department at the Alberta Securities Commission (ASC). Before joining the ASC, Elena was a manager at Ernst & Young LLP in their audit & assurance group. Elena holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Calgary and is a Chartered Accountant. Elena is also a designated Calgary area leader for the CPA Canada Financial Literacy program.
- Very active in the non-profit sector, Pearnel is interested in helping out diverse communities.
- Ansel completed his legal studies in the UK, and joined the board not long after returning to Canada. He has been a long time volunteer in the Chinese community, and looking to help where he can.
- I.T. specialist for a major drilling company and a longtime volunteer at CCCSA.
- Janet Yee is now professionally retired from her engineering company; and as a counsellor in psychology. She volunteered on CCCSA board in 1991 -1993 before moving to Vancouver. Upon return to Calgary, she volunteered on CCCSA board again from 2005 – 2015, 2016 – 2017. She has volunteered over 30 years on many collective/ hierarchical boards and committees on community, local and national levels carrying out varying capacities.
- Volunteered at CCCSA since the year 2000. A retiree whose career spanned from working in a restaurant to a lumberjack, power lineman climbing power poles, supporting and converting companies’ technologies and finally integrating companies.