Thank you for visiting our website. CCCSA is here to share credible information from various levels of government.
Financial support for working Albertans who are experiencing a loss of income resulting from self-isolation due to COVID-19.
Eligible working Albertans can receive a one-time emergency isolation support payment of $1,146 if they are required to self-isolate or are the sole caregiver of someone in self-isolation and they have no other source of pay or compensation.
This is a temporary program to bridge the gap until the Federal Emergency Care Benefit is available in April.
If you are eligible for Federal Employment Insurance benefits, you are strongly encouraged to apply immediately.
You are eligible for the emergency isolation support program if you:
- have experienced a total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation from any other source because you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- have been directed by health authorities (Health Link 811) to self-isolate
- are the sole caregiver of a dependent who is in self-isolation
You are not eligible for this program if you:
- were not working immediately before you were advised to self-isolate
- can work from home
- are not experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of self-isolation
- are currently collecting other forms of income support or employer benefits while self-isolated, such as:
- workplace sick leave benefits
- federal employment insurance (EI) benefits
- are staying home to care for a dependent who is home for a reason other than self-isolation
- reside outside of Alberta
How to apply
Sign in to the MyAlberta Emergency Isolation Support system using your verified MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) account to complete the application.
- If you don’t have a verified MADI account, you can sign up during the application process using your Alberta driver’s license or ID card number to confirm your identity.
- You do not need to wait for the mailed verification code to complete your application.
Click here to apply https://emergencyisolationsupport.alberta.ca/
Please feel free to connect with us, for assistance by phone (403)265-8446, message or leave a comment below. =]
Please note that CCCSA is sharing information only and we are not involved in providing these government initiatives.
[Updated as of March 25, 2020]